Bridal beauty begins with beautiful, glowing skin. But wedding planning can be one of the most stressful moments in your life, causing skin problems like acne, dry skin with more visible lines and wrinkles, and dark undereye circles. In addition to addressing your skin issues, you’d also most likely wish you could lose a few pounds so you could look picture-perfect in your wedding dress. While upgrading your skincare routine and fitness regimen with new products or workouts may give your skin a boost and your body a more toned appearance, there are dermatologist-approved treatments that can give you dramatic results without the need for surgery. From laser treatments to injectables, Millburn Laser Center in New Jersey can help you achieve that radiance every bride desires on her big day and beyond. With 75+ years of combined experience and over 25 lasers, injectables, and body sculpting devices, we can help reverse the signs of aging, soothe, repair, and rejuvenate your skin – giving you the stunning bridal look that will make you more confident walking down the aisle.
Dermal Filler Injections
Skin that looks fresh, plump, and wrinkle-free will surely give you that signature bridal glow. To quickly and safely achieve this, you might want to take your skincare game to the next level by trying injectable options like dermal fillers. While neuromodulators such as Botox will help smooth out those wrinkles, dermal fillers build volume in the face to restore and enhance your natural facial contours. Specifically, a dermal filler like Restylane can address signs of aging such as smile lines, sad lines, smoker’s lines, chin creases, and flat, thin lips. You’ll still look like yourself, only younger, rejuvenated, and more radiant. Dermal filler injections produce virtually immediate results and become optimal in 1-2 weeks. It is recommended to plan ahead and schedule your treatment 1-6 months before your big day to allow time for redness and swelling to disappear. Downtime: There is no downtime after a dermal filler treatment, but you may experience some swelling and/or bruising for a few days. You can resume your regular activities immediately after treatment, but it is recommended to not exercise for at least 4 hours after treatment.
Our board-certified dermatologists at Millburn Laser Center are experts in the latest body contouring techniques, and to help you achieve a leaner, more toned physique on your wedding day, you can try our Coolsculpting treatment. It utilizes the process of cryolipolysis – an FDA-approved fat-freezing procedure that safely and effectively eliminates fat. The innovative technology uses a non-invasive cooling technique that targets and freezes fat cells, which the body will naturally flush out. Coolsculpting has the ability to target stubborn fat that no longer responds to diet and exercise. It can treat areas including the stomach, flanks (love handles), inner and outer thighs, arms, bra roll, chin, and lower buttocks. While you will already see up to a 20-25% fat reduction on the treated area/s after one treatment, the recommended number of sessions will depend on your aesthetic goals and your specific circumstances. You may start to notice the desired changes as quickly as three weeks after your first treatment, but the most dramatic results will be seen after two months. Your body will continue to process and flush out dead fat cells for up to 4-6 months after treatment. Downtime: Coolsculpting is a non-invasive procedure. You can immediately return to work or your normal functions after treatment.
Laser Dermatology Treatments
Laser treatments are effective procedures that can give you results that will last long after your wedding day. Laser treatments at the Millburn Laser Center can address a myriad of skin issues ranging from fine lines and wrinkles to acne and hair removal. Lasers are sources of high-intensity light that can be targeted into small areas to treat various skin conditions. Its ability to create short pulses of focused treatment reduces the amount of tissue heated by the damaged cells, therefore, reducing downtime. The process also stimulates new collagen growth, helping to repair damaged tissue and revealing healthy, beautiful skin. It is recommended to schedule this treatment at least 6 months before your wedding day because multiple treatments may be necessary. Examples of laser treatments include:
- Fraxel Dual – a skin resurfacing laser treatment that repairs fine lines and wrinkles, large pores, pigmentation, and scarring. It causes microscopic injuries to the middle layer of the skin, triggering collagen production and resulting in smoother and younger-looking skin. There is minimal discomfort after treatment. Typical side effects include 1-2 days of swelling, 2-4 days of redness, and 4-7 days of flaking. You will see noticeably clearer skin within 7-10 days. To learn more about Fraxel laser treatments, visit ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- VBeam – a pulsed dye laser treatment that targets the hemoglobin in the blood. It destroys extra blood vessels without damaging the surrounding skin cells. It effectively treats skin redness, rosacea, scars, warts, stretch marks, birthmarks, port wine stains, and spider veins. Any post-treatment redness, swelling, or bruising will subside within a few days. You will experience maximum results in 2-4 sessions spaced 4-6 weeks apart.
- Laser Hair Removal – laser treatments that target the melanin in hair follicles by heating and damaging them down to the base. This results in the disruption of hair growth. It can be performed on the face, neck, underarms, legs, back, chest, and bikini line. Skin may become red or itchy after treatment and may persist for up to 24 hours. Hair from the treatment area may shed within a few days of the first session. After completing the recommended number of treatment sessions, you can be free of unwanted hair for several months.
PRP, Peels, and Microneedling
Our expert dermatologists at Millburn Laser Center offer a variety of treatments that don’t just help make your skin look better, but actually rebuild it. Best of all, these techniques are minimally-invasive. We recommend scheduling these treatments 1-3 months before your wedding. Examples of treatments that can completely rejuvenate your skin and refresh your look for your wedding day include:
- Chemical Peels – ranging from light to strong, a chemical peel is a simple, fast, and effective way to get rid of the old, damaged skin cells of your face. The acid in a chemical peel will gently exfoliate the outer layer of your skin, revealing a fresh, bright layer of skin that is clearer and younger-looking. Depending on the strength of the peel, recovery time is typically 5-7 days and will reveal new skin in about two weeks.
- Microneedling – a technique that uses a dozen or more tiny needles to create micro-wound channels in your skin. The process breaks up old collagen and elastin in your skin, initiating your body’s natural healing and collagen remodeling processes and creating new, healthy skin. There is no downtime, but you may look a little pink the next day as if you’ve had a bit too much sun. You will notice an immediate “glow” to your skin after the treatment but visible changes will appear over the course of several weeks. Results will continue to improve up to 6 months after the treatment as collagen production continues.
- PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) – a cutting-edge procedure that involves creating a serum from the healing platelets in your own blood. The platelets are packed with growth factors that jumpstart your body’s collagen production process. Whether added to a facial microneedling treatment or injected into areas such as scars and wrinkles, a PRP treatment can help your skin renew itself. There may be some mild bruising, swelling, and redness after the treatment, but usually clears within 4-5 days. Once the inflammation subsides, you should notice some immediate results and more signs of improvement within 2-3 weeks.
Schedule A Beauty Treatment in Millburn, NJ Today
We know your body shape and the appearance of your skin on your wedding day are high on your list of concerns, and helping you achieve all your beauty goals is our priority. To learn more about our cosmetic treatments, contact Millburn Laser Center in New Jersey today.
Next, read more about how to make your cosmetic procedures results last.