COVID-19 (coronavirus) Important Update
Dear Valued Patients,
From all of us at Millburn Laser - Associates in Dermatology, our hearts are with you during this difficult time. However, the safety and wellbeing of our patients, employees, and partners is of the utmost importance.
As of now, we are open for in-office appointments
- Monday 8:00am - 2:00pm
- Tuesday 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Wednesday 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Thursday 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Friday 8:00am - 2:00pm
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
To ensure your safety, we will be implementing new protocols that will protect all of our patients while at our office:
- Prioritizing Cleanliness: All rooms and high touch areas will be disinfected frequently. Disinfectants, hand sanitizer, and related supplies will be available to staff and patients at all times.Staff will open doors for all patients, and wash hands between each patient interaction.
- No ‘waiting rooms’: We have installed an intercom system at the entry of the building. When you arrive you will 'ring' us and provide your phone number. A team member will call you to take your temperature and do a basic screening before escorting you to the exam room. Only the patient should enter the building, unless they are under the age of 18 or require medical assistance.
- Staggered Appointments: We will be staggering the appointments to ensure adequate time to wipe down spaces in order to maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Screenings: We will be screening patients over the phone and at the time of their appointment to ensure they are healthy
- Reduced & Healthy Staff: All staff will be screened daily to ensure they are healthy
- Protective Equipment: Our staff and patients with appointments will wear a mask and gloves at all times. We ask that all patients come to their appointment with a mask!
We are also available for confidential virtual consultations (telemedicine) using Klara.
- To initiative a virtual appointment, please text your name and date of birth to 973-314-2474 in order to sign up and request a telemedicine appointment.
- Hours of operation for telemedicine appointments
- Monday 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Thursday 3pm - 5:30pm
- Friday Unavailable
- Saturday Unavailable
- Sunday Unavailable
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this uncertain time. We will do our best to continue offering the care and expertise you've come to value us for, and hopefully, things can return to normal soon.
The Doctors and Entire Team at Millburn Laser - Associates in Dermatology
What Is Mohs Surgery?
This procedure was developed by Frederic E. Mohs, MD., in the 1930s. Then, during the 1970s, Perry Robins, MD. further studied, modified, and refined Mohs’ technique. Robins molded the procedure into what is now known as Mohs micrographic surgery.
This revolutionary surgery treats skin cancer by gradually removing thin layers of skin from a cancer site until the patient is cancer-free. With in-office, same-day testing, Mohs surgery can quickly give patients peace of mind and minimal scarring compared to other types of treatment.
Main Benefits of Mohs Surgery
Very Precise Procedure
Mohs surgery is a state-of-the-art skin cancer treatment in which the doctor serves as the surgeon, pathologist, and reconstructive surgeon. It takes advantage of the microscope’s ability to accurately trace malignant cells, allowing surgeons to remove skin cancer down to its roots. Those trained in Mohs surgery will be able to precisely identify and remove the skin cancer while leaving healthy tissue unharmed.
Because of the procedure’s precise technique, Mohs surgery will only require a small incision. This leaves less scarring while also reducing the amount of reconstructive surgery needed. The surgery will remove a minimal amount of skin – only taking what is needed to remove the skin cancer.
Fast and Efficient
Because the surgeon is also able to take the role of pathologist, the entire procedure can be completed in just one day – as opposed to traditional surgeries where patients wait for several days before getting a pathology report. It is impossible to predict the exact timeframe of a Mohs surgery procedure, but it usually lasts for several hours.
Apart from the use of anesthetics to numb the area, patients will experience very little pain after the procedure, which is easily relieved by over-the-counter pain medications.
High Success Rate
Cure rates for BCC and SCC are up to 99% with Mohs surgery compared to standard excision or any other accepted method in skin cancer removal.
Learn More About Mohs Surgery!
The highly trained team of board-certified dermatologists at Millburn Laser Center in New Jersey are qualified to perform Mohs surgery to remove skin cancer. To schedule a consultation, contact us at (973) 376-8500 today.
Next, read about...
Trusted by Thousands
We are honored so many residents of Millburn and central New Jersey choose us as their family dermatologist.
"From the moment I walked into the practice I was impressed!"
"Millburn laser center and dermatology office are great!"
"The team of professional dermatologists helped guide me."
Associates In Dermatology
Millburn Laser Center
12 East Willow Street
Millburn, NJ 07041
Based on 1834 reviews