COVID-19 (coronavirus) Important Update
Dear Valued Patients,
From all of us at Millburn Laser - Associates in Dermatology, our hearts are with you during this difficult time. However, the safety and wellbeing of our patients, employees, and partners is of the utmost importance.
As of now, we are open for in-office appointments
- Monday 8:00am - 2:00pm
- Tuesday 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Wednesday 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Thursday 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Friday 8:00am - 2:00pm
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
To ensure your safety, we will be implementing new protocols that will protect all of our patients while at our office:
- Prioritizing Cleanliness: All rooms and high touch areas will be disinfected frequently. Disinfectants, hand sanitizer, and related supplies will be available to staff and patients at all times.Staff will open doors for all patients, and wash hands between each patient interaction.
- No ‘waiting rooms’: We have installed an intercom system at the entry of the building. When you arrive you will 'ring' us and provide your phone number. A team member will call you to take your temperature and do a basic screening before escorting you to the exam room. Only the patient should enter the building, unless they are under the age of 18 or require medical assistance.
- Staggered Appointments: We will be staggering the appointments to ensure adequate time to wipe down spaces in order to maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Screenings: We will be screening patients over the phone and at the time of their appointment to ensure they are healthy
- Reduced & Healthy Staff: All staff will be screened daily to ensure they are healthy
- Protective Equipment: Our staff and patients with appointments will wear a mask and gloves at all times. We ask that all patients come to their appointment with a mask!
We are also available for confidential virtual consultations (telemedicine) using Klara.
- To initiative a virtual appointment, please text your name and date of birth to 973-314-2474 in order to sign up and request a telemedicine appointment.
- Hours of operation for telemedicine appointments
- Monday 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Thursday 3pm - 5:30pm
- Friday Unavailable
- Saturday Unavailable
- Sunday Unavailable
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this uncertain time. We will do our best to continue offering the care and expertise you've come to value us for, and hopefully, things can return to normal soon.
The Doctors and Entire Team at Millburn Laser - Associates in Dermatology
As we age, a variety of lumps, bumps, and moles start to appear on our skin. “Lumps, bumps, and moles” encompass different kinds of skin growths, such as skin tags, vascular birthmarks, warts, cysts, and more. They often appear on the face, neck, arms, torso, back, legs, and groin. While most of these growths are benign, and it is completely normal for us to develop lumps, bumps, and moles during our lifetime, it is important to keep track of any new growths and schedule regular skin exams with one of our board-certified dermatologists at the Millburn Laser Center in Millburn, New Jersey.
What are Lumps, Bumps and Moles?
Common types of lumps include:
- Cysts — round lumps
- Lipomas — lumps made of fat cells
Common types of bumps include:
- Dermatofibromas — small, hard bumps that resemble mosquito bites
- Hemangiomas — blue, purple, or red bumps caused by too many blood vessels
- Seborrheic keratoses — light to dark colored bumps that look like warts
Moles are collections of melanin-producing cells that form a cluster and reside on the top layer of the skin. They can be flat or raised with colors ranging from black and brown to blue and flesh colored.
Treatment for Lumps, Bumps, and Moles
Treatment will depend on your specific condition, your goals, as well as your dermatologist’s recommendation.
Skin rashes, inflamed bumps, and swelling lymph nodes can be treated with ice packs and baking soda baths. These home remedies will help ease pain and reduce inflammation.
Skin lumps caused by an injury will fade on their own, but if a skin lump is caused by an abscess or infection, antibiotics will be prescribed.
For rashes, warts, and acne bumps, topical skin products containing ingredients such as salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide will be prescribed.
A possible treatment for inflamed bumps, such as cysts, are corticosteroid injections, which are powerful anti-inflammatory drugs.
If topical treatments fail to treat the skin condition, there are procedures that can help, such as:
- Liquid nitrogen
- Chemical peels
- Laser treatments
- UVB light therapy
When skin lumps require drainage, cause pain, or are diagnosed as hazardous to your health, you a more invasive treatment may be the only solution. Surgical removal can be done on cysts, boils, corn, abscesses, and cancerous moles or tumors.
To learn more about lumps, bumps, and moles, visit medlineplus.gov
Schedule a Checkup at Millburn Laser Center
Any lump, bump, or mole on your skin is worth showing to a doctor if you have any concerns. Our team of board-certified dermatologists at the Millburn Laser Center in New Jersey are ready to address your concerns, properly diagnose your skin condition, and create the best treatment plan for you. Contact us at (973) 376 8500 to schedule a consultation.
Next, read about...
Trusted by Thousands
We are honored so many residents of Millburn and central New Jersey choose us as their family dermatologist.
"From the moment I walked into the practice I was impressed!"
"Millburn laser center and dermatology office are great!"
"The team of professional dermatologists helped guide me."
Associates In Dermatology
Millburn Laser Center
12 East Willow Street
Millburn, NJ 07041
Based on 1834 reviews