COVID-19 (coronavirus) Important Update
Dear Valued Patients,
From all of us at Millburn Laser - Associates in Dermatology, our hearts are with you during this difficult time. However, the safety and wellbeing of our patients, employees, and partners is of the utmost importance.
As of now, we are open for in-office appointments
- Monday 8:00am - 2:00pm
- Tuesday 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Wednesday 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Thursday 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Friday 8:00am - 2:00pm
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
To ensure your safety, we will be implementing new protocols that will protect all of our patients while at our office:
- Prioritizing Cleanliness: All rooms and high touch areas will be disinfected frequently. Disinfectants, hand sanitizer, and related supplies will be available to staff and patients at all times.Staff will open doors for all patients, and wash hands between each patient interaction.
- No ‘waiting rooms’: We have installed an intercom system at the entry of the building. When you arrive you will 'ring' us and provide your phone number. A team member will call you to take your temperature and do a basic screening before escorting you to the exam room. Only the patient should enter the building, unless they are under the age of 18 or require medical assistance.
- Staggered Appointments: We will be staggering the appointments to ensure adequate time to wipe down spaces in order to maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Screenings: We will be screening patients over the phone and at the time of their appointment to ensure they are healthy
- Reduced & Healthy Staff: All staff will be screened daily to ensure they are healthy
- Protective Equipment: Our staff and patients with appointments will wear a mask and gloves at all times. We ask that all patients come to their appointment with a mask!
We are also available for confidential virtual consultations (telemedicine) using Klara.
- To initiative a virtual appointment, please text your name and date of birth to 973-314-2474 in order to sign up and request a telemedicine appointment.
- Hours of operation for telemedicine appointments
- Monday 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Thursday 3pm - 5:30pm
- Friday Unavailable
- Saturday Unavailable
- Sunday Unavailable
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this uncertain time. We will do our best to continue offering the care and expertise you've come to value us for, and hopefully, things can return to normal soon.
The Doctors and Entire Team at Millburn Laser - Associates in Dermatology
Do you have an itch that won’t go away? Are there red blotches on your skin? Eczema or psoriasis could be the culprit. One of our medical dermatologists at Millburn Laser Center in Millburn, New Jersey can help you get an accurate diagnosis. Both skin conditions share similar symptoms, but they have technical differences.
Understanding Eczema and Psoriasis
Eczema, or atopic dermatitis, is an inflammation of the skin. The skin may appear red, inflamed, cracked, or blistered with leathery patches that are sometimes dark. It can cause an intense itch that can get so bad that individuals with eczema can scratch enough to make their skin bleed. Eczema is caused by a hypersensitivity reaction. The skin can overreact to certain triggers, such as soaps, fabrics, dyes, pets, and other irritants.
Who Are Likely to Get Eczema and Psoriasis?
Eczema is more common in infants. According to the Nemours Foundation, About 1 out of every 10 kids will develop eczema and the condition begins to improve by the age of 5 or 6. Others can experience flare-ups throughout adolescence and early adulthood. The condition also occurs in people with a family history of asthma, hay fever, or allergies.
Psoriasis typically develops between the ages of 15 and 35, but it can develop at any age, according to the National Psoriasis Foundation. About 10 to 15 percent of those with psoriasis get it before age 10. Psoriasis is rare in infants.
Treat Eczema and Psoriasis at New Jersey’s Millburn Laser Center
Do you suspect that your red, itchy patches are more than just a rash? If you’re concerned about having eczema or psoriasis, visit us at Millburn Laser Center in New Jersey. Our team of board-certified dermatologists can expertly diagnose your condition and recommend the best treatment options for relieving your symptoms and preventing future flare-ups. Contact us at (973)376-8500 today.
Next, read about...
Trusted by Thousands
We are honored so many residents of Millburn and central New Jersey choose us as their family dermatologist.
"From the moment I walked into the practice I was impressed!"
"Millburn laser center and dermatology office are great!"
"The team of professional dermatologists helped guide me."
Associates In Dermatology
Millburn Laser Center
12 East Willow Street
Millburn, NJ 07041
Based on 1834 reviews