COVID-19 (coronavirus) Important Update
Dear Valued Patients,
From all of us at Millburn Laser - Associates in Dermatology, our hearts are with you during this difficult time. However, the safety and wellbeing of our patients, employees, and partners is of the utmost importance.
As of now, we are open for in-office appointments
- Monday 8:00am - 2:00pm
- Tuesday 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Wednesday 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Thursday 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Friday 8:00am - 2:00pm
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
To ensure your safety, we will be implementing new protocols that will protect all of our patients while at our office:
- Prioritizing Cleanliness: All rooms and high touch areas will be disinfected frequently. Disinfectants, hand sanitizer, and related supplies will be available to staff and patients at all times.Staff will open doors for all patients, and wash hands between each patient interaction.
- No ‘waiting rooms’: We have installed an intercom system at the entry of the building. When you arrive you will 'ring' us and provide your phone number. A team member will call you to take your temperature and do a basic screening before escorting you to the exam room. Only the patient should enter the building, unless they are under the age of 18 or require medical assistance.
- Staggered Appointments: We will be staggering the appointments to ensure adequate time to wipe down spaces in order to maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Screenings: We will be screening patients over the phone and at the time of their appointment to ensure they are healthy
- Reduced & Healthy Staff: All staff will be screened daily to ensure they are healthy
- Protective Equipment: Our staff and patients with appointments will wear a mask and gloves at all times. We ask that all patients come to their appointment with a mask!
We are also available for confidential virtual consultations (telemedicine) using Klara.
- To initiative a virtual appointment, please text your name and date of birth to 973-314-2474 in order to sign up and request a telemedicine appointment.
- Hours of operation for telemedicine appointments
- Monday 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Thursday 3pm - 5:30pm
- Friday Unavailable
- Saturday Unavailable
- Sunday Unavailable
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this uncertain time. We will do our best to continue offering the care and expertise you've come to value us for, and hopefully, things can return to normal soon.
The Doctors and Entire Team at Millburn Laser - Associates in Dermatology
What Is Acne?
Acne is a skin disease that develops when pores in the skin become clogged with oil and dead cells. These pores are actually hair follicles with glands that produce an oil called sebum. An overproduction of oil, or sebum, causes the pores to become blocked with a build-up of dirt, dead skin cells, and bacteria. As a result, physical blemishes protrude in the form of pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, papules, pustules, nodules, cysts, and other lesions. Areas prone to acne include the face, neck, chest, back, and shoulders – all sites of oil glands.
Acne, informally referred to as zits, pimples, and blemishes, is the most common skin condition people experience.
The board-certified dermatologists at the Millburn Laser Center tend to every single patient — and consider various factors to find the best treatment option. Rather than cookie-cutter treatments, the practice prides itself on its individualized approach, which may include topical and oral medications, lasers and/or aesthetician treatments.
While a simple self-care routine, such as regularly cleaning the face with a mild cleanser and not touching the face, can help manage mild acne, applying topical medications can help effectively treat and prevent the skin condition. It is important to have the correct acne treatment prescribed by a dermatologist.
The three most common medications used at Millburn Laser Center to treat acne include:
- Benzoyl Peroxide – Available as an over-the-counter medication, it comes in the form of a face wash or leave-on gel and targets the skin’s surface bacteria.
- Retinoids – Vitamin A derivatives that are available over-the-counter. It prevents clogged pores and the formation of new acne bumps.
- Antibiotics – Can be applied to the skin or taken orally to control the skin’s surface bacteria, which aggravates skin inflammation.
Depending on the severity of your acne, we may suggest various cosmetic procedures to treat acne, such as:
- Chemical peel – An acidic solution (alpha or beta hydroxy acid) is applied to the skin. It exfoliates the skin by destroying dead skin cells while unclogging pores to make way for new skin to regenerate, helping acne blemishes and scars fade.
- Dermabrasion – A diamond wheel or wire brush is used to remove layers of the skin and causes new, healthy skin to grow back. It treats acne and acne scars by evening out the skin’s texture and color.
- Laser skin resurfacing – Beams of light or infrared rays are used to remove the top layer of the skin, break down dead skin cells, and stimulate collagen production.
Schedule an Acne Treatment Consultation in Millburn, New Jersey
If you have tried numerous methods to clear your skin and are still struggling with persistent acne, now is the right time to consult with a dermatologist. At the Millburn Laser Center, our team of highly-trained board-certified dermatologists will advise the best treatment plan to help reveal your best skin. Are you ready to get rid of acne once and for all? Contact us at (973) 376-8500 today to start your journey to clear, beautiful skin.
Next, read about...
Trusted by Thousands
We are honored so many residents of Millburn and central New Jersey choose us as their family dermatologist.
"From the moment I walked into the practice I was impressed!"
"Millburn laser center and dermatology office are great!"
"The team of professional dermatologists helped guide me."
Associates In Dermatology
Millburn Laser Center
12 East Willow Street
Millburn, NJ 07041
Based on 1834 reviews