COVID-19 (coronavirus) Important Update
Dear Valued Patients,
From all of us at Millburn Laser - Associates in Dermatology, our hearts are with you during this difficult time. However, the safety and wellbeing of our patients, employees, and partners is of the utmost importance.
As of now, we are open for in-office appointments
- Monday 8:00am - 2:00pm
- Tuesday 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Wednesday 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Thursday 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Friday 8:00am - 2:00pm
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
To ensure your safety, we will be implementing new protocols that will protect all of our patients while at our office:
- Prioritizing Cleanliness: All rooms and high touch areas will be disinfected frequently. Disinfectants, hand sanitizer, and related supplies will be available to staff and patients at all times.Staff will open doors for all patients, and wash hands between each patient interaction.
- No ‘waiting rooms’: We have installed an intercom system at the entry of the building. When you arrive you will 'ring' us and provide your phone number. A team member will call you to take your temperature and do a basic screening before escorting you to the exam room. Only the patient should enter the building, unless they are under the age of 18 or require medical assistance.
- Staggered Appointments: We will be staggering the appointments to ensure adequate time to wipe down spaces in order to maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Screenings: We will be screening patients over the phone and at the time of their appointment to ensure they are healthy
- Reduced & Healthy Staff: All staff will be screened daily to ensure they are healthy
- Protective Equipment: Our staff and patients with appointments will wear a mask and gloves at all times. We ask that all patients come to their appointment with a mask!
We are also available for confidential virtual consultations (telemedicine) using Klara.
- To initiative a virtual appointment, please text your name and date of birth to 973-314-2474 in order to sign up and request a telemedicine appointment.
- Hours of operation for telemedicine appointments
- Monday 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Thursday 3pm - 5:30pm
- Friday Unavailable
- Saturday Unavailable
- Sunday Unavailable
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this uncertain time. We will do our best to continue offering the care and expertise you've come to value us for, and hopefully, things can return to normal soon.
The Doctors and Entire Team at Millburn Laser - Associates in Dermatology
Eczema, rashes, psoriasis or bumps on your face or skin may make you feel self-conscious about your appearance. At Millburn Laser Center in New Jersey, our board-certified dermatologists specialize in medical dermatology and can help find the cause for your skin condition and customize therapies to help improve the appearance of your skin.
Acne is a “multifactorial disease,” which is a fancy way of saying it has a lot of moving parts. Acne is typically associated with the teen years but can appear throughout your lifetime. Hormone fluctuations can affect acne, which is why women often break out — sometimes for the first time — during pregnancy, perimenopause, and menopause.
Some ways to minimize acne breakouts are:
- Keeping your face clean (washing twice a day)
- Normalizing hormonal balance with oral contraceptives or anti-androgens (females)
- Light therapy or antibiotics to kill skin bacteria
- Chemical peels or microneedling to encourage skin cell turnover
- Topical therapies and retinoids to encourage skin-cell turnover
- Laser therapy to increase overall skin quality and improve the health of follicles
- Extraction of lesions
- Steroid injections for cystic or nodular acne
- Oral isotretinoin in severe cases (males and or females in non-childbearing years only)
Each case of acne is unique. Millburn Laser Center’s expert dermatologists take the time to evaluate your skin, determine the underlying cause for your acne, and custom-design a treatment plan for you. For more details about acne, visit fda.gov
Eczema and Psoriasis
Eczema and psoriasis are skin conditions that cause itchy and sometimes painful patches on your skin. Eczema tends to appear in areas where that bend, such as your inner arm near your elbow, or behind your knees. Psoriasis tends to affect your elbows, knees, scalp, face, and more. While psoriasis can be red, like eczema, white or silvery looking flaky patches may develop as well.
At Millburn Laser Center, our dermatologists can diagnose your skin condition, so you can know whether you have eczema or psoriasis. Either way, these two skin conditions share many effective treatments, including:
- Topical emollients to soothe dry and itchy skin
- Topical steroids to control inflammation
- UVB light therapy to improve symptoms and skin quality
- Immunologic or biologic medications
Therapy with UVB light also helps your body produce more Vitamin D, which can improve your overall health. UVB light is an advanced treatment that helps suppress overactive skin immune system cells that cause inflammation, which can lead to a breakout.
Schedule a Medical Dermatology Consultation at Millburn Laser Center!
16 million Americans suffer from skin conditions. You don’t have to feel self-conscious about lumps, bumps, or discolored patches on your skin anymore. Whether you have a common condition such as acne, or an uncommon one such as vitiligo, we can help with state-of-the-art, safe, and effective therapies. Call us today or use the online form to book a medical dermatology consultation at Millburn Laser Center.
Next, read about...
Trusted by Thousands
We are honored so many residents of Millburn and central New Jersey choose us as their family dermatologist.
"From the moment I walked into the practice I was impressed!"
"Millburn laser center and dermatology office are great!"
"The team of professional dermatologists helped guide me."
Associates In Dermatology
Millburn Laser Center
12 East Willow Street
Millburn, NJ 07041
Based on 1834 reviews