Look younger with
Laser Skin Resurfacing in Millburn, NJ
If you would like to improve the appearance of wrinkles, acne, uneven skin tone, and other skin imperfections, laser skin resurfacing may be the ideal solution to achieve smoother, clearer, and younger-looking skin. Laser technology has rapidly evolved in recent years, and a wide array of devices can now address multiple skin conditions and provide excellent results.
From targeting skin issues such as wrinkles and pigmentation to improving skin tone and texture, Millburn Laser Center’s 10+ available lasers can offer the right treatment to achieve your aesthetic goals with only a few follow-up treatments required.
Laser skin resurfacing options in Millburn
At Millburn Laser Center, we offer the Fraxel® Dual 1550/1927 to treat fine lines and wrinkles, pigmentation, large pores, and scarring. This device causes micro-injuries to the dermis — the middle layer of the skin — and triggers the body’s natural healing response. As the skin heals, collagen production takes place and results in renewed skin that is smoother and younger-looking.
Why choose Millburn Laser Center for skin resurfacing?
With 10+ lasers available, Millburn Laser Center has more lasers than most practices in the area. Our team of highly trained board-certified dermatologists has extensive experience in performing laser treatments and can outline the best treatment plan tailored to your specific needs and goals.
Because we place our highest priority on patient safety and fulfilling the best possible clinical outcomes, our dermatologists conduct all consultations and cosmetic or medical procedures themselves. Each patient enjoys the benefits of our advanced laser treatments while receiving the highest standards of quality and compassionate care in the hands of our dedicated team of dermatologists.
How will my laser skin resurfacing procedure go?
A laser resurfacing procedure is an in-office treatment that takes 30-60 minutes to perform. A topical anesthetic is applied to the skin, followed by a thin layer of gel, before your treatment. A hand-held device glides across a treatment area to deliver short bursts of light-based energy onto the skin. You may feel a light prickling or burning sensation from the device.
Schedule your facial resurfacing procedure in Millburn, NJ
If you would like a safe, quick, non-invasive, and effective treatment for wrinkles, acne, and pigmentation, Millburn Laser Center’s team of board-certified dermatologists can customize the best laser skin resurfacing treatment for your goals. Contact us to schedule a skin and laser consultation at our clinic.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is laser skin resurfacing?
A: Laser skin resurfacing rejuvenates the skin by directing wavelengths of light to the outer layers of the skin in order to promote collagen production. The skin is renewed from the inside out, revealing smoother, clearer, and firmer skin.
Q: Is laser skin resurfacing safe?
A: In the hands of knowledgeable, trained, and experienced board-certified dermatologists, laser skin resurfacing is a safe way to address common skin issues and dramatically improve your skin’s appearance.
Q: How much does laser skin resurfacing cost in Millburn, NJ?
A: On average, the cost of laser skin resurfacing in New Jersey ranges from $1,000 to $2,000. The exact cost varies from patient to patient and depends on factors such as the type of laser used and the size of treatment areas.
The total cost of your procedure is discussed during your consultation with one of our board-certified dermatologists.
Q: How many sessions do I need to see results from facial resurfacing?
A: Although most patients see results after just one session, your treatment plan depends on the type of laser used, your skin condition, the treatment area’s size, and how well your skin responds to the procedure. Almost all lasers require a series of 3-5 treatments, typically scheduled 4-6 weeks apart, to achieve the best results.
You can determine the number of sessions you need during your consultation.
Q: What problems does laser skin resurfacing help with?
A: Laser skin resurfacing can treat one or more of the following skin conditions:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Age spots
- Acne scars
- Uneven skin tone
- Large pores
Q: How to prepare for a laser skin resurfacing procedure?
A: Before your laser skin resurfacing procedure, recommendations include:
- Use sun protection and avoid sun exposure: Discuss sun protection and acceptable sun exposure with your dermatologist.
- Stop smoking: Stop smoking at least two weeks before and after your procedure. This helps avoid complications and enables proper healing.
- Take medications: If you have a history of herpes infections around your mouth, you may be prescribed an antiviral medication before and after your procedure. Depending on your medical history, other medications may also be prescribed.
- Avoid supplements: Aspirin, vitamin E, and ibuprofen can affect clotting. They should be avoided for 10 days before your procedure.
Q: Is laser facial resurfacing painful? What numbing options do you provide?
A: Patients compare the sensation felt during laser resurfacing to a rubber band snapping against the skin. Any discomfort felt depends on the laser, the area and depth of the treatment, and the patient’s tolerance for pain.
To ensure a more comfortable treatment experience, a topical anesthetic (numbing cream) is applied to the skin before the procedure.
Q: Laser skin resurfacing aftercare instructions
A: Take care of your skin after your procedure with these tips:
- It is normal for the skin to have redness, swelling, or itching after the procedure. Do not scratch or pick at your skin, as this can cause scarring or lead to an infection.
- Cleanse the treatment area two times a day or as instructed by your dermatologist.
- Keep your head elevated while you sleep for the first four days after laser skin resurfacing to reduce swelling.
- Apply a thin layer of occlusive moisturizer, petroleum jelly, or any moisturizer recommended by your dermatologist to the treated area twice a day until the skin heals.
- Avoid harsh skincare ingredients like glycolic acid or tretinoin for four weeks following treatment.
- Avoid activities that can cause flushing for two weeks after your laser procedure.
- Don’t smoke to enable a quicker healing process.
- Always wear sunscreen since your skin is more sensitive after your laser skin resurfacing procedure.
Next, read about...
Make An Appointment
Trusted by Thousands
We are honored so many residents of Millburn and central New Jersey choose us as their family dermatologist.
"From the moment I walked into the practice I was impressed!"
"Millburn laser center and dermatology office are great!"
"The team of professional dermatologists helped guide me."
Monday: 7:30am - 7:00pm
Tuesday: 7:30am - 4:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 7:30am - 7:00pm
Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: Please call the office for available Saturday appointments.
Same-Day Appointments Now Available
Serving all of central New Jersey!
Associates In Dermatology
Millburn Laser Center
12 East Willow Street
Millburn, NJ 07041
Areas We Serve
Based on 1834 reviews